Jesus is with us till the ends of time!
I wanted to be in touch with you to share some important information:
1. April 26 is the Feast of Our Lady of Good Counsel. This title for Mary has its origins in the little town of Genazzano, Italy. It is reported that on the feast of St. Mark, April 25, 1467 the image appeared in the Church of Santa Maria in the town of Genazzano which is about 30 km south of Rome. Initially, the image of Mary and the Christ child was known as "La Madonna del Paradiso" but it is now known as "Madonna del Buon Consiglio". It is not known when the title was changed. We do know that on July 2, 1753 Pope Benedict XIV established the Pious Union of Our Lady of Good Counsel of which he was a founding member! The Catholic Women's League of Canada have our Lady of Good Counsel as their Patroness!
This Sunday, the Third Sunday of Easter is April 26th. The Sunday celebration takes priority and so there is no official mention of this Feast in our liturgical calendar. In our Sunday mass, I will remember and invite us to pray for the CWL members of the Diocese of Prince Albert. Let us pray especially for them, for all CWL members and for the work they do on behalf of the people of Canada and of the Church!
2. During the week of April 27 - May 1st and May 4th the Parish Office will only be open from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm as Fr. Doug is on retreat! Fr. Doug will return to regular office hours on May 5th!
3. During Fr. Doug's retreat masses will continue to be celebrated at their usual time and live-streamed on Facebook!
4. If you are able to make a donation to your parish during this time please do so! I want to thank those who have mailed in or dropped off donations! A word of thanks also to those who are registered for Pre-Authorized Withdrawals! If you need to make adjustments to your pre-authorized payments because your income has changed please be in touch with us!
5. As spring comes and as our Church yard dries out we need to clean up the Church yard and we need to think about planting some flowers! Now is a good time to start thinking about how we might beautify our Church yard!
6. Thanks to all of you who are self-isolating and are working hard to keep yourself, your family and our community safe! Keep up the good work!
Hi! My name is Fr. Doug Jeffrey, OMI and I am the pastor of the Meadow Lake Cluster. I serve the faith communities of Our Lady of the Smile, Waterhen, St. Jude's, Green Lake and Our Lady of Peace, Meadow Lake. I arrived in the cluster on August 15th, 2019. You can see more information about me on the home page!