5th Sunday in Ordinary Time
"Light rises in the darkness for the upright!" Psalm 112
Our Lady of Peace Pray for us!
Due to the presence of Covid-19 in Saskatchewan and in our area, please take precautions when you gather indoors with others.
Mass times (unless there is a funeral or a special occasion)
Tuesday - 6:30 pm - In person & Livestreamed
Wednesday - 6:30 pm - In person & Livestreamed
Thursday - 9:30 am - In person & Livestreamed
Friday - 9:30 am - In person & Livestreamed
Sunday Masses are celebrated as follows:
Green Lake - Saturday afternoon at 5:00 pm
Meadow Lake - Sunday morning at 10:00 am (also livestreamed).
Waterhen Lake - on the second and last Sundays of every month at 3:00 pm
Our Tuesday-Friday weekday masses and our Sunday (10:00am) masses are live-streamed.
Parish Secretary, Pat Bencharski:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Friday - 1:00 - 4:00pm
Parish Office Phone - (306) 236 5122
Phone or text me on the parish cell phone (306) 304-7271 if you need immediate assistance or in case of an emergency.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/category/Catholic-Church/Catholic-Church-Meadow-Lake-100614168252431/
This Week in our Cluster
1. Please note a change in the Parish Office Hours effective February 14th. Pat will be in the Office from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
2. Please think about making a contribution to the Knights of Columbus Vocation Fund. It helps provide seminarians with the resources they need for their studies.
3. The Deanery 6 Meeting was postponed and was rescheduled for Thursday, February 2, 2023. Please see a summary of the meeting in the Parish Bulletin.
4. Please join us here at Meadow Lake for a Pancake Breakfast after the 10:00 am mass on Sunday, February 5th. Good food and a great opportunity to visit with other parishioners.
5. Let us pray for the repose of the soul of Guy Mckay and for his family. We will celebrate his funeral on Friday, February 10, 2023.
6. Prayer at the Lodge has been postponed until further notice due to a Covid outbreak. When it is safe to do so we will gather on Tuesdays at 10:00 for a Liturgy of the Word with communion. Please join us and visit with the our elders!
7. Please mark your calendars:
February 11/12 Anointing of the Sick at Sunday liturgies.
February 12 - KofC Bingo
Fr. Doug will be away February 13-15 inclusive.
8. Please be aware that in addition to Covid-19 there are a number of viruses and colds circulating. Please take care.
If you would like to make a donation to the care of the people of Ukraine please contact the Parish Office.
"Whatsoever you do to the least of your sister or brother, that you do to me."
You can take part in the Mass by joining us in our Parish Churches or if you are home bound, by streaming Daily and Sunday liturgies from our Parish Facebook page. Alternately you can celebrate by tuning into Salt and Light TV or Vision TV, streaming daily liturgies from dailytvmass.com
For the celebration of the sacraments please call the Parish Office at
306 236 5122
Our Church Buildings are open and we are celebrating Sunday and weekday liturgies and we are hosting various programs. The Covid-19 virus is still present. Please exercise caution when you utilize our facilities and gather in large indoor groups.
We are once again in Ordinary Time. It is a season of discovery, a season wherein we come to deepen our appreciation for the daily teaching and work of Jesus. We ourselves look for ways to do what Jesus has done in our daily lives. This season is characterized by the ongoing discovery of the journey that Jesus makes from his baptism through to his passion, death, resurrection and ascension. Join us for a journey into the depths of our own heart and mind. May it be a journey of light overcoming the darkness.
If you would like to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation please call our Parish Office and make an appointment with Fr. Doug!
Fr. Doug Jeffrey, OMI
Fr. Doug Jeffrey, OMI is a member of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, of OMI Lacombe Canada Province. Fr. Doug joined the Missionary Oblates in August of 1974, pronounced his first vows on August 22, 1975 and his final vows on June 4, 1982 and was ordained a priest at St. Thomas College in North Battleford, on June 3, 1983, by Bishop James Mahoney, Bishop of Saskatoon. Fr. Doug came to the Diocese of Prince Albert and to the Meadow Lake Cluster to serve Our Lady of Peace Parish in Meadow Lake, Our Lady of the Smile Parish in Waterhen and St. Jude's Parish in Green Lake, on August 15, 2019. Since his ordination, Fr. Doug has served the People of God and the Missionary Oblates as a pastor, spiritual director, mission preacher, formation director and in various Congregational Leadership roles.